Leaves by Sabrina
There is a lot to learn about leaves. Leaves are very important to me. They are important because they help make plants grow food. You can use some leaves for medicine when you are sick. Also, the leaves come in different sizes and shapes. Leaves are delicate. Leaves can be shaped like a hand, ghost, or a tree. Some of the leaves are red, yellow and orange in the fall. A lot of them have a different smell. You can eat leaves. Peppermint is a leaf. Cabbage is a leaf and animals eat leaves just like us. I eat cabbage and lettuce and I love them. They taste like nothing but I like it anyway. Tea is a leaf that people drink. Sometimes I drink tea when I am sick. Wouldn’t you like to learn about leaves too?
Leaves by Taziyah
I will tell you all about leaves. There are different types of leaves. Some leaves are used for medicine, food and more important things.
Leaves are important to the plants because the leaves help the plants grow. If plants didn’t have leaves the plants will die and we would die because the plants give us oxygen. Leaves can be different shapes. A leaf can be the shape of a ghost. Also it can be the shape of a hand. Last it can be the shape of a fan.This is all I know about leaves.
Leaves by Kori
There are a lot of things to know about leaves. Leaves are very interesting. In the fall leaves can be different colors like: red, yellow and orange. Leaves are very important to plants because they take in sunlight and carbon dioxide to make food for the plant. Some leaves have teeth on the edges. Also, not all leaves are the same shape. Some leaves can be a mitten shape or a fan shape. Some leaves can be food. Collard greens, and spinach are leaves that are food. I eat leaves and it has a bittersweet taste. Some leaves can have medicine in them. You can use aloe for you skin. I have used aloe. Now you know how leaves are very interesting.
Leaves by Jaheim
Do you want to know about leaves? Do you know some leaves have teeth? Also some are fancy shapes. They can also be flat and thin. Leaves have veins and carry water and nutrients to the plant. All leaves are part of a plant and plants give out oxygen. We could not live without oxygen. Leaves can be medicine. Aloe is a leaf that is used for minor cuts and burns. Leaves are food like: collard greens, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, escarole, parsley and mint. Do you want to know more about leaves?
Leaves by Jacquelyn
Let me tell you about leaves. Leaves fall off trees and change color in the fall. They have different shapes and sizes. Different leaves come from different trees. Leaves are delicate. Some leaves have mixed colors. Leaves have delicate stems. Some leaves have teeth. These are all of the things I know about leaves so far.
Leave by Cheyanne
Let me tell you what I know about leaves. They are interesting.
First leaves grow on trees. Leaves can be thin and shiny. They are not all the same color or size.
Next, leaves change color because of the weather. They can be green in the Spring and in the Fall they can be: yellow, brown, red, orange and purple. Leaves fall off the trees during the Fall and Winter season.
Last, all leaves fall, change color, grow in different sizes, but they always grow back in the Spring. Aren’t leaves interesting?
All About Leaves by Odell
Leaves help the plant grow. First,, the veins on leaves carry water and minerals from tiny rocks. Next, some leaves are used for medicine like the aloe leaf.
Leaves by Ethan
Today in class Mrs. Berretta read us a book about leaves. As she read us the book she showed us the pictures. Would you like to know about leaves too?
We learned that each tree does not have the same amount of leaves because some of the leaves die in bad weather. Also, each tree is different just like us. Also, we learned that leaves come in different shapes. Some leaves are oval shaped and others are shaped like stars. We learned that trees can be used for medicine. The veins on a tree give the tree water and minerals to live.
These are all of the things I know about leaves. Aren’t they interesting? I learned that trees are very powerful
Leaves by Courtney
Let me tell you all about leaves. Leaves are important to plants.
Leaves make the food for the plant. They take in sunlight and our carbon dioxide and the plant makes food with this. Leaves can me shaped like paddles, ghosts, stars and mittens. Leaves can be food. For example, cabbage, collard greens, lettuce, spinach, escarole, mint and parsley are all leaves that you can eat. I have eaten lettuce and it tastes like crunchy water. There are leaves that are used for medicine. An aloe plant can heal minor burns and cuts. My grandma has an aloe plant I can use when I have a cut.
Leaves are amazing tiny parts of nature. Did you learn a lot about leaves today?
Leaves by Taariq
Would you like to learn about leaves? Let me tell you all I know about leaves.
A leaf is a plant organ made for the process of photosynthesis. Photosynthesis is the way to make food for the plant. The leaves absorb carbon dioxide and energy from the sun. They use this to make food. Leaves are thin and flat so they can soak in the carbon dioxide and sunlight. Leaves can change colors in the fall. They are shaped like mittens, stars, ghosts and hearts. Can you imagine that every kind of tree has a different shaped leaf? It’s true. Leaves can also be used as food. These are some of the leaves that are food: collard greens, cabbage and spinach. I have tasted leaves and they don’t have taste. Leaves are food for animals and insects. Leaves can also be used for shelter. Leaves like the aloe and ginko leaf can be used as medicine for minor cuts, scratches and burns. They can be boiled down to make lotion.
These are all of the things I know about leaves for now. What do you think about my leaf report?
Leaves by Nathalia
Do you like leaves? They are amazing! Let me tell you all about leaves!
Leaves are important to plants. They are important because they take in sunlight and carbon dioxide to make food for the plants. Leaves are many shapes. Some shapes are: hearts, mittens, stars, ghosts, oval, hand shrimp and fans. Leaves can be food. Parsley is a leaf that is a food because my mom puts it in rice. Lettuce is a food that people make salad with and it tastes sweet when you put dressing on it. Spinach is a leaf that makes you strong. Leaves can be medicine and it helps take cuts and burns away. Also people put medicine from leaves in tea. After reading and researching about leaves I learned how they change colors in the different seasons.
Leaves are very interesting in many ways!
Leaves by Odell
Would you like to learn about leaves? You can eat some leaves like spinach, cabbage and collard greens. Would you like to learn about how leaves are medicine leaves? The aloe leaf is used for cuts and burns. Did you know that leaves help insects and plants? Leaves help insects find shelter, food and water. I read in a book called Plants! “the rafflesia is a plant that has an odor of rotting meat.” I bet animals like the scent of that.Also, in this book I learned: “Do not touch the poison ivy! It’s three shiny leaves contain an oil. The oil can cause an itchy, red rash.” Stay away from the poison ivy plant. This is what I know about leaves.
Leaves by Denika
These are the things I know about leaves. Leaves are very important to me.
Leaves can come in many shapes and sizes and colors. The shapes of leaves can be large, medium and small. You can eat leaves. Leaves can make you healthy. Leaves can give you energy. Leaves taste really good. Leaves can help you survive. I have eaten leaves before many times. A leaf can be used for medicine. The aloe plant is used for minor cuts and burns. Yes, I have used aloe. The aloe made all my cuts better.
Leaves are very important to plants and to us. Aren’t leaves interesting?
What I Know About Leaves by Kearah
Leaves are great and amazing. Would you like to know about leaves?
Leaves are important because they take our carbon dioxide and the leaves make it food for the plant in a process called photosynthesis. Leaves can be oval shaped, tulip shaped, ghost shaped, hand shaped, a star shape or a finger shape. Leaves have many shapes. Leaves like mint and lettuce can be food. Also cabbage and parsley are leaves that are food. Leaves are good for people. Leaves taste very good and yes I have eaten leaves. Leaves like the ginkgo leaf and the aloe leaf can be medicine. They can heal minor cuts and burns. I have used an aloe plant to heal my cuts.
Aren’t leaves amazing?
Leaves by Courtney
Let me tell you all about leaves.
- First, leaves are important to plants. Leaves are important to plants because they take in sunlight and carbon dioxide and the plant uses this to make food and oxygen for us.
- Next, leaves have chlorophyll.(co-ler-fill) Chlorophyll is what helps the leaves turn green. If they lose their chlorophyll they turn red, gold, or orange in the fall.
- Third leaves fall off trees because the bottom cells in the separation layer form a seal between leaf and the tree. The cells in the top of the separation layer begin to disintegrate (de-sin-ter-great) They form a tear line and eventually the leaf is blown away or simply falls off the tree.
- Fourth, an aloe and ginko leaf can be medicine. Aloe leaf can heal minor cuts and burns. My grandma has an aloe leaf.
- Fifth, leaves are food. For example, cabbage, collard greens, brussle sprouts, lettuce, spinach, mint and parsley are all leaves you can eat.
- Last, leaves can be many shapes. For example, some leaves can be simple, fancy, shaped like paddles, ghosts, stars and mittens.
Leaves are amazing tiny parts of nature.
Leaves by Cierra
Have you ever seen a leaf before? Let me tell you all about them. Leaves are important because they take in the sunlight and carbon dioxide. They use this to make food for the plant. Leaves can be many shapes. These shapes can be oval, hands, stars, ghosts, and many more. Leaves can be food. Cabbage and collard greens and many more are food. Aloe leaves are used for minor cuts and for burns too. Aren’t leaves amazing?
Leaves by Ethan
- Leaves are parts of a plant. Leaves grow on stems and grow into different sizes and shapes. Some leaves are oval shaped and star shaped. Mrs. Berretta showed us a book with pictures of leaves that were even shaped like ghosts and hands.
- There are many uses for leaves. Some leaves are used for medicine like an aloe leaf. It helps you because it heals cuts and burns by placing the liquid form of the leaf on open wounds. Another leaf that can be used for medicine is the ginko leaf. Ginko leaves are used in ginko-biloba, which helps people with their memory.
- Leaves are used as food for people animals and plants. People can eat a lot of different kinds of leaves. MY family and I eat broccoli, watercress. basil, spinach and all kinds of other leaves. They are good for us because they are healthy because they give us vitamins and minerals. Animals also eat leaves for the same reasons. Leaves give food to the rest of the plant through photosynthesis.
- Photosynthesis helps both plants and people. People breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide. The leaves take the carbon dioxide and mix it with water and sunlight to give us oxygen. This is the process of photosynthesis. Leaves are important because they give us air to breathe.
- We help plants because our carbon dioxide is used by the leaves to make food for the plant. When photosynthesis happens the leaves take our carbon dioxide and mix it with sunlight and water to create carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are used for the plant to make food.
- Leaves are important to people because they give us food and oxygen.
All About Leaves by Courtney
Let me tell you all about leaves. First, some leaves are smooth and some leaves are rough. Some leaves have teeth on the edges and some leaves do not. Next, some leaves have simple shapes and some leaves have fancy shapes. Some leaves are big and some leaves are small. Also, some leaves are shiny but they can be dull too. Veins in the leaves carry, water, nutrients and minerals too. The aloe and ginko leaves heal minor burns and cuts. These are all the things I know about leaves. They are a cool part of nature!