Selknam natives en route to Europe for being exhibited as animals in Human Zoos, 1899
The businessman Maurice Maitre alongside Selknam group in the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1889. In the picture he basically looks like a lion tamer.
Who were the Selk’nam and what were the events that led to their extinction? Describe their history and situation. What may have been done differently to have preserved their culture and population?
Using timelines and drawings, tell the history of the Selk’nam.
FOR SOURCE MATERIAL CLICK HERE
Visit the Enchanted Learning page on Madagascar! CLICK IT!
- What is the capital of Madagascar? Where on the map will you place that city?
- Draw the Malagasy flag using Paintbrush. Save the map above in your name folders and open it up in the Paintbrush app. Label the major cities and bodies of water.
- In the comments section of this blog posting, write three paragraphs about the history of Madagascar and its natural resources and animals & plants.
- Describe where Madagascar is located and of which continent it was once part and what kind of landmass it is called.
- Who are the people of Madagascar and what languages do they speak?
The flag of France is also called the Tricolour with blue, white and red vertical bands.
Le drapeau de la France est un tricolore.
The largest grouping of islands in the Caribbean are called the Greater Antilles which are:
- Cuba is the biggest island
- Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
- Haiti and the Dominican Republic on the island of Hispaniola
- Puerto Rico